Commercial Biomass is one of the UK’s leading biomass and renewable heating specialists. With well over 100 biomass boiler installations to our name and 30+ years’ experience, Commercial Biomass helps you make the right renewable energy choice for your home.
Our skilled workforce from the construction and mechanical services industries, with eco-credentials second to none, can help with every aspect of your renewable energy heating, from supply and installation through to servicing and repairs.
We are ETA and IDM Certified, and the only installer in Somerset and Devon to be certified with Innasol.
Why Use Biomass in your Home?
Biomass is a renewable, low carbon fuel that is already widely used throughout the UK. Its production and use also brings additional environmental and social benefits as biomass is a sustainable fuel that can deliver a significant reduction in net carbon emissions when compared with fossil fuels.
- Biomass is a “carbon lean” fuel producing a fraction of the Carbon emissions of fossil fuels. Biomass can be sourced locally, from within the UK, on an indefinite basis, contributing to security of supply.
- Biomass can offer local business opportunities and support the rural economy.
- The establishment of local networks of production and usage allows financial and environmental costs of transport to be minimized.
- The use of biomass fuel provides an economic incentive to manage woodland which improves biodiversity.
- Biomass fuels generate low levels of atmospheric pollutants and do not contribute to ‘acid rain’ with nasties such as sulphur dioxide that are released by fossil fuels. ETA biomass combustion systems are highly sophisticated, offering combustion efficiency of over 90% and emission levels compatible with RHI legislation.
- Biomass residues, arisings, co-products and waste not used for energy will usually be left to rot. This generates CO2 and also produces methane (CH4) — a greenhouse gas 21 times more potent that CO2.
Key Benefits of Biomass
- Cost Effective
- Renewable Fuel
- Eligible for Government Funding
- User Friendly
- Efficient Heating
Installing a Biomass Boiler in your home can mean savings of over 80% on your energy bills.