ETA boiler servicing and maintenance
Having your biomass boiler professionally serviced annually is a condition of your RHI agreement. Servicing improves the boiler’s efficiency, resulting in lower fuel bills and increased reliability. Biomass boilers are a completely different piece of equipment to traditional fossil fuel boilers and need specialist engineers to properly maintain the biomass system. Our dedicated engineers are ETA trained on wood chip, pellet and log systems.
ETA Boiler Servicing by Commercial Biomass
During a service, our engineers will as standard:
- Check the boiler’s fault log and repair faults (providing no additional parts required other than van stock)
- Inspect all boiler access doors and seals, check and replace if damaged
- Thoroughly examine and clean heat exchanger
- Check combustion chamber, including all refractory blocks, tilting grates or walking floor grates, stoker and ash augers
- Test and clean fuel store and boiler augers
- Clear primary and secondary air ports of carbon build up
- Inspect and clean boiler draught fan system
- Inspect all mechanical seals
- Inspect and test ignition device
- Check and lubricate all motors, chains and bearings with the correct lubricant for the heat zone the part is in
- Check control panel hardware and PCB electrical connections
- Check anti-burnback and all other safety systems are fully operational
- Test, run and check operation of all boiler systems
Additionally during a service, our engineers (unlike most of our competitors) will:
- Remove and clean your turbulators
- Thoroughly inspect and sweep the boiler flue
- Perform a flue gas analysis to check combustion efficiency
- Check the system water for PH and inhibitor levels
Upon completion a service report will be issued providing detail of the work carried out, engineer comments and advisories for any remedial work.
Typical Servicing Charges (including mileage)
10-30 KW – £300
35-60 KW – £350
80-201 KW – From £450 (time varies with fuel quality and run hours)
220-500 KW – From £600 (time varies with fuel quality and run hours)
Any faults found on the boiler during servicing will be rectified during the course of the visit if possible with parts our engineers carry on board the service vehicle. These will be charged at a lower rate while on site.
We also offer service contracts to suit your requirements, these generally involve 1-2 visits per year, depending upon your wishes and the number of hours you typically run the boiler for.
ETA Boiler Breakdowns and Repairs
In addition to servicing, our team of engineers are on call to diagnose and repair ETA Boiler breakdowns.
Call Out Charges
Standard – 8am – 5pm = £100 call out charge – £40 per hour on site.
Out of office hours – 5pm – 8am = £200 call out charge – £45 per hour on site.
Weekends and Bank Holidays = £300 call out charge – £50 per hour on site.
If additional parts are required and a return visit is needed then only the hourly rate is charged (including travel time) on the return visit + mileage at 50p per mile
ETA Spare Parts
Commercial Biomass Ltd also offer spare parts for all ETA boilers, please contact us for a quotation.
Are we in your area?
We cover the whole of the south west of England: Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire, plus Gloucestershire, Gwent, Monmouthshire and Herefordshire.
Commercial Biomass Repairs & Servicing on our installations
ETA boilers come with a one year parts and labour guarantee, plus a four year parts guarantee. This covers all parts of the boiler, giving you five years’ peace of mind included within the cost of the boiler.
Our team of highly trained maintenance engineers provide annual servicing and backup if you should experience a breakdown. Several levels of service are available, from a fixed annual fee to an ‘as and when you need us’ service on an hourly rate.
Commercial Biomass Repairs & Servicing on other installations
Has your installer ceased trading? Are you unhappy with the service your existing servicing company is giving you? As one of the most experienced biomass installers in the UK, we are happy to provide our expertise for commercial and domestic customers in the south and south west, regardless of which supplier installed your equipment. We will also pick up your ETA manufacturer’s warranty where your original installer left off.
Please contact us to find out more.